Friday, September 12, 2008

Certain. Death. Maybe.

A cookie to the first person who can tell me what is wrong with the following sentence:

"Persons not heeding evacuation orders in single family one or two story homes may face certain death."

Also, and this may be morbid, or distasteful, or whatever, but they said this OUT LOUD on NPR this morning, and you would not believe how delighted i was to hear the words "certain death" on the radio. For a brief glimmer of a moment, I was in the Princess Bride. Or some other fairy tale involving a threat of certain death.

CERTAIN DEATH!!

but only maybe.

damn, i think i just gave it away.

also, I'm trying to work out a new budget based on my new salary AND I'm dreaming of the day when I can forever stop talking to, seeing, or listening to my heinous roommate, and I'm trying to remember whether "they" recommend housing costs to be 30% of before tax or after tax income. Do you know?

God, i just reread that last paragraph and i'm a little embarrassed to have you know the heighth, breadth, and depth of my nerdity.

oh well. you probably already know anyway.

2 comments:

Steven Leyva said...

I am by no means an expert, but i think 30% is a conservative number. I think most people say 25% of your income after taxes.

Sharona said...

As I give up the greatest apartment in San Francisco after four years of rent control, all I can say about my new rent in london is: CERTAIN DEATH!

perhaps that is to be the mantra of my new year...* tapping head thoughtfully to avoid any emotive furrowed brows *